With The Ultimate Shoe Size Conversion Charts you can easily covert all shoe sizes from one metric system to another, between the commonly used shoe sizing systems worldwide.
Convert between US, EU and UK shoe sizes or make conversions to inches or centimeters.
Shoe Sizing Conversion Charts Quick Links
Women’s Shoe Sizes Chart (go)
Men’s Shoe Sizes Chart (go)
Infant’s Shoe Sizes Chart (go)
Kid’s Shoe Sizes Chart (go)
Youth Shoe Sizes Chart (go)
Understanding Shoe Sizes Conversion (go)
What’s ideal shoe size?
– Look up “real” product reviews – The best way to purchase quality products is to look for reviews of real people who have actually bought the product. This is also true for the pair of shoes that you’re looking to buy. Check out the reviews of verified users on popular shopping sites such as Amazon, eBay and videos on YouTube.
– Note the right foot size – Look up the shoe size chart by measuring your right foot size in the evening. Your foot usually expands throughout the day.
– Understand foot size details – Before you start shoe shopping, as much as you’d like to know about shoe size conversion to make the best purchase, measure both the length and width of your feet. If your foot width is narrow, purchase shoes that are suited for just the size and vice versa.
– Make the adjustments – Shoes that are laced have a better grip on your feet than slip-on shoes. Wearing socks can fill any gap between your feet and laced shoes. Slip-on shoes such as slippers don’t always fit well as you’re not wearing socks with them. Shoes that are slightly larger than your foot size can be adjusted to fit properly by the thickness of the socks. A liner can be purchased to make flat shoes fit better.
– Go the extra size for the “extra” mile – Those of you who walk a lot, choose a pair of shoes one-size up in the shoe size chart than what your actual foot measures. Remember, your foot will swell a lot due to constant walking all day long. You don’t want the size to be too large, which can cause blisters due to constant rubbing. Also, with larger shoes, you may find it uncomfortable to wear during the start of the day.
– Taking activities into account – Always consider the purpose of buying shoes of a kind. When you buy shoes online, take into account the activities you would be involved into while wearing them. Will you be hiking the steepest terrains? For that you need hiking shoes that are intensely durable and waterproof. Another aspect is the protective gear for your hiking such as the proper cover from rocks, as well as mountainous plants and reptiles. Cushioned shoe soles are a great buy for your regular workout sessions. Similarly, ideal dress shoes should have a thicker sole and a sturdier make.
– Consider kid’s shoes needs – When buying shoes for the first time walker, look for the ones with more flexible soles and some extra space. Too big a shoe than your toddler’s foot size will cause blisters; a smaller sized pair can cause redness. Ill fitted shoes can chafe your little one’s feet.
– Calculate the frequent foot size changes – Footwear for kids usually lasts for about four to five months. Take this into consideration when buying shoes for your child. An ideal way is to allot enough funds into your household budget to keep up with saving enough money to pay for several pairs of shoes.
A little knowledge helps you take the right decision.
Shoe Sizes Charts
Women's Shoe Sizes Chart
Men's Shoe Sizes Chart
Infant Shoe Sizes Conversion Chart
Kids' Shoe Sizes Conversion Chart
Youth Shoe Sizes Conversion Chart
Understanding Conversion Sizes of Men’s & Women’s Shoes
Imagine yourself walking around a shoe store looking for the right style to suit you and then to come across this great pair – just what you were looking for! But sigh, those were shoes for men and you’re a woman, or the opposite.
Shoes for men and women differs slightly. Knowing the shoe size conversion can give you a lot more options.
As much as you like the look of shoes for a man or a woman, aesthetics aren’t just the only thing. Size is also a major factor.
For those with narrower or wider foot measurements, chances are that you’ll find a great fit in the section for the opposite sex.
However, it is found that women with a wider foot fit comfortably into shoes for men; men can also look around the ladies section if their foot is narrow.
The question is how can you convert shoe sizes for men into women’s and vice versa by looking into the shoe size chart?
Men and Women Shoe size conversion
Converting men’s shoe sizes to women’s is fairly simple. For women, add two shoe sizes to your U.S women’s shoe size. Men should subtract two sizes to the U.S men’s shoe size.
For instance, if you’re U.S women’s size 8, your U.S men’s size is 6.
To purchase sneakers, women should subtract a size and a half from the men’s shoe chart. Similarly, men should add a size and a half when looking up women’s sneakers. Hence, a size 8.5 U.S women’s shoes converts to size 7 in the U.S men’s fit.
Finding the right shoe fit
These are some standard rules of shoe size conversion. In fact, actual conversions may vary. There is no guarantee that these conversions are absolutely 100% accurate.
- It depends on the size disparity in each brand and even between different shoe styles made by the same company.
- As already mentioned, shoes for women tend to be narrower than the wide shoe sizes for men.
- Also, if you’re a woman with 6.5 shoe size of a man, you may have to go down half size more or even full size to get the right fit if your shoe is too wide.
Try on a pair of shoe to find out the perfect fit in any shoe type. Obviously you don’t have that benefit when shopping online. But, you can measure your foot and compare the shoe size chart of different brands. The best thing is to order two different sizes of shoes so that you can compare the fit. However, even before you order, make sure to thoroughly look into the sellers return policy.